A golf cart is one of the significant investments for golfing. Some of these carts also have the price as same as a car. So you have to concentrate on the maintenance and cleaning of the gas or electric golf cart used while playing golf. Not only for golfing, but most cart owners also use it to move the community’s surroundings to do challenging work. This small carriage is also a quick way to travel through sidewalks and streets. As the cart moves over dirty, muddy roads and golf terrains, it gets dirty so quickly. You have to clean all the settings periodically to keep them in good working condition for extended periods of your golf life. To stay secure and use the cart for a long time, take extra care of every sensitive part, including batteries, is mandatory because the service life depends on the condition of its external and internal body parts. Below, we discuss a complete and straightforward cleaning process of your cart used for golf and other personal use. So go with us to keep your carriage workable for years.
Table of Contents
- 1 Golf Cart Cleaning Process
- 2 How to Clean Golf Cart Batteries?
- 3 How to Clean Golf Cart Windshield?
- 4 How to Clean Golf Cart Seats?
- 5 How to maintain a golf cart seat?
- 6 Cleaning your golf cart batteries
Golf Cart Cleaning Process
The entire electric golf cart has many external and internal settings that can not be washed or cleaned at a time. You have to clean these portions separately. Before starting, you have to take out all sensitive accessories and personal items that you usually leave on your cart and may damage with a touch of water, including removable floor mats, scoreboards, GPS, etc. Not only this, but you also have to care about the fittings that can not remove and are even sensitive to water. Let go of the basic steps of the cleaning process of the cart in sections without making any unnecessary discussion.
To clean the outer part of your golf cart, you will require a hosepipe, bucket, scrubber, and soft drying towel.
- At first, prepare a water solution with mild soap, diluted household bleach, or detergent.
- Then wet the area from where you want to remove the dirt with the hosepipe’s soapy water.
- Now, remove the dirt with a microfiber cloth or soft scrubber gently from the wet exterior part of the cart.
- Please be careful, don’t rub harshly or use a rough scrubber. It will damage or create a scratch on the coating of the body parts, and it will also lose the brightness of the color coating.
- After removing all specks of dirt, clean the cart pouring with clean water.
- When all soapy water washes thoroughly, dry the wet cart surfaces with a dry towel or dry cloth piece.
To clean this sensitive area, you can not use any liquid. You have to clean the dirt by using a vacuum cleaner. As we said before, remove all the accessories before vacuum the interior section of your cart.
- After powering the vacuum, pass the front part of the cleaner machine over through the surface of the seats, glove compartments, floors, and other things that get dirty.
- Pass the hose nozzle carefully. Do not make any mess of dirt.
- You may use mild soapy water to clean the floorboard if it gets dirtier with oil stains.
- While cleaning the cart seats, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You can clean the vinyl seats with a damp cloth wet with soapy water.
- Like the vinyl seat, you can also use soapy water to clean the mildew stains from the dashboard, steering wheel, and other plastic parts.
- After removing dirt and rust stains with stain remover from every interior, please recheck it if there have any tiny debris.
The windshield is more sensitive; that’s why you have to clean it with a window cleaner and more carefully. As it is more responsive to detergent and water, we describe the cleaning process separately below.
Tips for safe cleaning of the golf cart
- Use a clean microfiber towel except for cotton cloth.
- Never clean and dry the cart under direct sunshine.
- Window or LVP golf cart cleaner is better than soapy water. You can use it to keep your cart shine if you have or can buy it.
How to Clean Golf Cart Batteries?
Whether the golf cart is electric or gets power through a battery system, it is challenging to clean the electrical components of the cart batteries. With the time of running, batteries corrode and get dirty at the terminal ends. The dust layer at the battery terminal hampers the transfer of power required to start the cart engine. If you keep your cart battery clean, it prevents the corrosion from terminals of the electric system. So you have to clean it timely or regularly to get good service. Regular cleaning also helps increase the batteries’ shelf life and keep the cart in optimal working condition. Besides, the price of cart batteries is a considerable issue for the maintenance cost of the electric golf cart.
The cleaning process of cart batteries
- Buy a commercially available battery acid cleaner or mix baking soda or mild soap and water.
- Spray or put this soapy or soda water solution to remove dirt from the outer side.
- Let it for 5 to 10 minutes to make the hardened debris soggy.
- Quickly rinse the deposits with clean and cold water thoroughly.
Tips for cleaning the battery effectively and safely
- Do not spray the bleach solution on the chemical components.
- Use a battery terminal protectant while cleaning it.
- Use protective gloves and goggles while putting or spraying the mild cleaner solution.
- Use a brush with having soft-bristle or a nonabrasive cloth to scrub the deposits with the bleach mixture.
How to Clean Golf Cart Windshield?
The cart’s windshield is not mandatory, but it will provide extra comfort while golfing on a sunny day if you install it in your cart. It not only protects your skin from the ultraviolet rays of the sunlight, but it also saves you from getting any injury in adverse weather or flying dust and debris. Besides, if you want to make your cart street legal, you have to put the golf cart windshield in your cart. Most of the time, you drive your golf car at a low speed that higher the possibility to stick grimes, pollen, and bugs in the windshield, moving around the golf courses. So you have to clean it properly after or before come back home. It would help clean your cart from dust, and you should do it regularly because a small spot or scratch may create a vision problem while driving the carriage.
Related: How to clean A golf bag?
The diluted bleach solution of water and a mild soap is best for cleaning the windshield, and the cart windshield breaks. Never use ammonia in glass cleaner because it will damage the acrylic or polycarbonate elements used to craft the shield. You have to use a soft clean cloth to remove dirt and then blotting paper to dry it. You also have to avoid newspaper or paper towels because they are comparatively rough and may create minor scratches on the plastic surfaces. Besides, you have to avoid using any insect repellent inside your cart because the spray solution’s chemical reaction may form a permanent fogy layer on the surface of the windshield. You can also use a scratch-resistant ceramic UV protectant to protect against the damage on the windscreen created by the UV rays and enhance your cart windshield’s longevity. These accessories are –
- Windshield polish
- Windshield protectant products
- Windshield blocker
- Windshield sealer, and
- Clasp-On windshield channel.
Except for these additional fittings, the golf cart canopy can protect you and your shield if you install it on your cart used for golfing.
Tips for keeping the windshield safe and smooth
- A glass spray wax may be better than a window cleaner.
- Never wipe out with Windex paper.
How to Clean Golf Cart Seats?
Along with other cart parts, you need to take proper care of the seat cushions also. When you move with your golf car, you harshly treat the rear seat cushions like throwing the heavy golf bag on it. Besides, as the pillow prepares with soft materials and passengers are regularly get in & out, it tends to tear or form a crack quickly. That’s why it is requisite to clean it periodically and use it as gently as possible. After completing a journey with the cart, you have to wipe out the seat cushions’ surface with a protective moisturizer. It not only keeps your cart seats clean and smooth, but it also helps to maintain germ-free conditions inside the carriage.
How to maintain a golf cart seat?
Generally, the cushions fade away after a certain period. So you have to change it when necessary. If you use high-quality seat cushions in your cart, it will give excellent service for a year. Moreover, if you follow the below steps while decorating your cart used for golf, it will also keep your mind fresh and lowers the possibility of tearing the removable seat cover.
- Use your favorite colored seat cushions that make you treat them gently.
- Choose improved quality cushions covers.
- Customize it with marine-grade and UV-resistant cart vinyl windows.
- Select the same color clean cloth covers for the front and the back seat.
Precautions should follow while cleaning the golf cart seats
- Make sure of the removal of every fitting and object susceptible to soapy water.
- Do not try to use hard detergent or extra chemicals.
- Always use a microfiber towel to dry out the cleaning surface.
- Do not rub the surface harshly.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
Cleaning your golf cart batteries
We all know how fresh we felt during a move in an elegant and clean carriage. So you can understand the necessity of cleaning your golf cart. As golf is a recreational sport, you have to be stress-less and in a fresh mood to concentrate on the golf clubs’ swing or ball. And in this article, you see how easy it is to keep your cart clean after golfing or visiting the neighbors, or completing any other transferring chores. So don’t worry about playing in the rain or go through a slippery muddy topography. Just drive your golf caddy with a fresh and joyful mind, without taking any tension.