If you are a beginner in golf, you have to practice more short games than making long strokes like amateurs or professional golfers. And the putter club will be the perfect golf gear that can help you learn this tricky game fundamentals more quickly. Besides, putter enables you to make your game more enjoyable and get a few scores within a week of practice. That’s why we pick the best golf putter for beginners for reviewing in our articles. It helps you get the most used and affordable putter club for your next training session.
According to the golf legend Harvey Penick, three golf clubs are the most essential for success in golf. And these are a putter, a driver, and a wedge club in the golf bag. And following His opinion, we choose the most performing models of the putter club and make a buying guide that will help beginners get their most-suited design from thousands of putter patterns available in the golf market.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Golf Putter Reviews for Beginner Golfers
- 1.1 1. Pinemeadow Golf PGX MB Putter
- 1.2 2. Wilson Harmonized M1 Putter
- 1.3 3. Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter
- 1.4 4. Mazel Tour GS Golf Putter
- 1.5 5. Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Putter
- 1.6 6. Enjoycool Two Way Putter
- 1.7 7. Quolf Golf Two-Way putter
- 1.8 8. Precise SP-009 Belly Putter
- 1.9 9. S7K Standing Putter for Men and Women
- 1.10 10. Yamato Two-Way Golf Putter
- 1.11 Buying Guide
- 1.12 FAQs
- 1.13 Which Putter Will Work For You?
10 Best Golf Putter Reviews for Beginner Golfers
After introducing golf, the putter club becomes more popular than other golf clubs. This incident encourages the golf gear producers to manufacture various blade and mallet putter designs. As a result, now you will get thousands of putter patterns that confuse you for your most-suited model. Our selected top ten putter designs will be helpful for you in finding the right one within a few minutes because we chose that after long research on the users. As you are a beginner in golf, we also consider the price tags because we all know that golf is quite an expensive game globally.
1. Pinemeadow Golf PGX MB Putter
Our first pick is the PGX MB putter of Pinemewadow because it is one of the cheapest clubs. The 34” long mallet head putter is perfect for right-handed golfers. Besides, its advanced system helps you concentrate on your target and enables you to drill your putts. And as a beginner, it will be wise to start with an affordable club to learn the tricky golf techniques.
- The shiny white color of the Pinemeadow golf PGX putter enhances attention towards the target and improves the vision clarity at address.
- The combination of black and green-colored grip makes it more stylish and sleek.
- The plumber neck hosel design has an offset pattern with an advanced alignment that ensures the putt on the correct direction, even from the starting stroke.
- The primary element of this putter is polyurethane that provides a firm feel while striking.
- The fiber layers on the grip give more power to absorb more shock of extensive putt practice.
- The consistent face insert helps create a smooth rolling of the golf balls to minimize jumping.
- The included headcover helps to maintain the beauty of the polished finish of the putter head.
- Complete balance.
- 2X ORB alignment.
- Uniform face insert.
- Durable grip.
- Excellent shock absorption.
- More comfortable.
- Included headcover.
- Some users have a complaint about its vulnerable construction.
- It is a little bit bulky.
2. Wilson Harmonized M1 Putter
Over 100 years, one of the reputed golf brands, The Wilson, has delivered premium-quality golf products to increase the golfers’ confidence level by enhancing the performance on the golf course and making them enjoy the game comfortably. Besides, the 35” length of this Wilson staff harmonized blade M1 putter is suitable for right-handed golf players. The jumbo grip M1 putter is also a high-quality golf gear for beginners and skilled golfers.
- It features a jumbo blade-style oversized grip design.
- The square heel and toe of the harmonized M1 putter give a balanced weighting head design.
- The micro-injected polymer face insert provides an improved feel upon ball contact at address.
- The vertical seam at the backside of this mid-size harmonized putter grip ensures a better feel throughout the stroke practice sessions.
- The horizontal lines on the putter head offer a complete vision that increases the accuracy.
- The plumber-style hosel design increases overall control on making putts.
- Excellent for the cost.
- Accurate setup.
- Simple alignment pattern.
- Vertical seam.
- Polymer face insert.
- Better feel.
- No included headcover.
- Some customers have a complaint about its’ quality and durability.
3. Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter
We pick another putter model from the famous golf brand, Pinemeadow, because its quality products at an affordable price perfectly suit all golfers. Our new design site four putter model has a unique alignment pattern that helps make more putt from all course distances. Besides, its low CG point allows golfers to keep smooth and consistent strokes at the swinging practice sessions. It is also suitable for a more upright putting posture. However, the lighter head tends to flip at downswing, but its green-black contrast, rubber grip, and synthetic cover make it popular among golfers, especially beginners.
- The mallet-style site four putter design helps to improve the putting game of all level golfers.
- The unique “Site Plate” is significant, ensuring broader eyesight to get more accuracy while lining up for making putts.
- The included offset hosel pattern of this putter club provides additional alignment advantages.
- The consistent face insert technology helps to get effortless horizontal rolling of the striking balls by minimizing its skipping.
- A durable black headcover includes protecting the putter head durability to absorb more shock of the putts.
- The low center of gravity feature helps to create easy strokes throughout the swinging period.
- The full mallet design putter grip helps right-handed golfers to maintain a perfect balance in the putting game.
- Worth the price.
- Elegant black or green grip.
- Secure feel.
- Comfortable to swing.
- More shock absorption.
- Standard size spider grip.
- It also suits the seniors.
- Not so polished finishing.
- There has no specific lie angle in the manual.
4. Mazel Tour GS Golf Putter
Since 2002, The Mazel has manufactured golf products with a philosophy of “Professional focus, Excellent Service.” We choose the Tour Gs putter design to replace TaylorMade Spider and Odyssey’s two-ball putter club. The bat putter color and durable stainless steel, alloy steel materials, and rubber grip make it one of the most comfortable putters among golfers.
- The 431 stainless steel element of this mens’ putter gives a durable structure.
- The high MOI feature helps golfers get better speed control and send the ball closer to the targeted hole even on an unstable strike.
- The innovative alignment top lines allow more accuracy and make quick and easy putts.
- The low center of gravity helps get a solid feel off the clubhead to make more effortless strokes.
- The high-performing rubber grip offers an anti-slip and shock absorption capability, giving a soft and comfortable swing feeling.
- The offset middle sightlines allow the ball to stay at the right path to roll accurately and smoothly towards the targeted hole.
- The CNC-milled face insert offers an extensive tolerance for consistent performance, super stability, and precise speed balance.
- The blue and black colored rubber grip offers a stable and soft feeling and makes it more robust to absorb extensive swinging practice.
- Amazing price tag.
- Strong construction.
- High MOI.
- Better speed control.
- Comfortable feel.
- Light in weight.
- Beautiful color.
- Soft grip.
- Superior balance.
- The head is a little bit weighty for beginners.
- Some have a complaint about low-quality paint.
5. Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Putter
The world-reputed golf brand Callaway has worked with a few brands like Odyssey, having a persuasive portfolio of their golf products. And the white-hot pro 2.0 putter design has attractive and innovative features that enhance golfers’ confidence to level up their golf course performance. Its’ design also meets up the desire of most professional golfers globally. However, it is an average blade-style putter, but its advanced system makes it unique among blade putters.
- The 33” putter is suitable for left-handed golfers.
- The strong alloy steel gives the white-hot 2.0 Odyssey putter a long-lasting body construction.
- The re-engineered face insert provides an improved sound and feels and helps progress the golf course performance.
- The most modern laser milling face insert cutting process of pro 2.0 putter increases the tolerance for reliable performance.
- The heel and toe weight placement offers a sweet spot that increases its forgiveness and makes it more responsive on the strikes across the face area.
- The contrasting alignment aids of this Odyssey pro 2.0 putters’ topline provide more accuracy and increase stroke consistency.
- Combining a full-shaft offset and crank neck hosel design maximizes the feel, alignment, and accuracy.
- Sleek and classic design.
- More forgiving.
- More responsive.
- Innovative construction technology.
- Clean ball rolling.
- Low vibration.
- Great feel.
- Increase confidence.
- Pricy compared to other putter models.
- Require a little bit more time to get the natural feel.
6. Enjoycool Two Way Putter
However, a two-way putter club is not legal for many national and international golf tournaments; we pick the two-way junior golf putter from the reputed company The Enjoycool. Generally, this company manufactures most products for our toddlers and teenagers care. As exercise and passing enjoyable time are mandatory for getting juniors’ proper physical and mental growth, this company makes two-way golf putters for our three to 12 yrs children. Most golf-playing parents want to introduce their toddlers to golf from early age. That’s why we pick this junior putter club for review.
- This two-way putter club suits both left and right-handed golf-playing children.
- It comes in three different sizes that help our kids choose their perfect length hitting the golf ball off the tee.
- The gold-color clubhead and blue grip color give an elegant look that attracts our young golfers to continue this tricky game.
- This putter’s zinc alloy element head makes it more robust for child players because they can’t maintain the swinging speed.
- The stainless steel shaft construction makes it forgiving and helps our children feel comfortable while hitting the balls in the greenside, miniature golf course, or backyard golf course garden.
- The anti-slip rubber grip aids the kid golfers in grasping the handle more comfortably while striking the balls.
- The standard shaft configuration provides the chance to pick for a wide age range of child golfers for practicing club swinging.
- Good-quality materials.
- Smart design.
- Sleek look.
- The right length for kids.
- It suits both at home and golf course.
- Sturdy construction.
- The steel-made structure may be a little bit heavy for comparatively low-aged kids who start to hold putter with their golf parents.
7. Quolf Golf Two-Way putter
The uniqueness of the two-way putter of Quolf Golf is its rubber-coating face that perfectly suits the putt-putt golf course. That’s why it uses good-quality construction materials and proven patterns that effectively create putting strokes. Besides, it tries to maintain the excellent quality of the putter because it is a small golf-goods producing company and wants to establish to compete with the reputed golf brands. This two-way putter has the essence of the most effective putter design of Titleist Bullseye.
- The stainless steel putter head makes the putter strong for absorbing more shock of swinging which is quite common in the case of extensive practice.
- The dual-faced club suits both right and left-handed golfers and swings comfortably at any tricky golf green.
- This club’s smooth-face pattern with no extra alignment offers accurate putts even for beginner golfers.
- The lightweight body allows golfers to make more long-distance strokes effortlessly.
- It provides a more responsive feeling for learner golfers.
- The stiff flex of this two-handed putter pattern makes it suitable for all kinds of golfers with low to high swing speeds.
- The 33.5” length perfectly suits average golf players’ height for a comfortable swing session.
- Simple design.
- Classic look.
- Easy to swing.
- Balance swinging speed.
- Perfect for indoor practice.
- Some users complain that the shaft is fragile and the grip is not durable.
8. Precise SP-009 Belly Putter
Generally, the belly putter has the traditional and long putter design. Like Bryson Dechambeau, Keegan Bradley, and Matt Kuchar, the Tour Professionals carry belly putters in their tour golf bags. This new facility allows them to gain stability in creating more accurate putt strokes. It helps the golfers advantages like a long putter with an additional benefit of getting a third sweet point of contact. So if you want to get the advantages of a long putter but can’t handle it effectively, you can go with a belly putter.
- The 42” length of the SP-009 belly putter perfectly suits golfers who get difficulties with a standard putter.
- The stainless steel structure increases its shock-absorption capability.
- The vertical pattern helps get a comfortable feel at swinging.
- The correct length of SP-009 allows golfers to swing using the arm-lock method of golf club swinging.
- The 21” Winn grip of this Precise belly putter grip has a minimum soft wrapping system that feels natural at the address.
- The grips’ pistol pattern prohibits excessive gripping at swinging and helps to get an ergonomic control over swinging speed.
- The aiming lines at the top of the clubface provide a natural putting practice.
- One-piece grip system offers a horizontal and easy rolling of the striking balls after landing into the golf green.
- It helps to get a straight putting stroke with a proper distance by reducing the wobbling of the landing balls.
- The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on replacement or refund.
- Great price.
- Perfect weight.
- Great balance.
- Smooth ball roll.
- Reduce yelps.
- Excellent alignment.
- More comfortable feel.
- Included headcover.
- The shaft configuration is a little challenging for beginners.
9. S7K Standing Putter for Men and Women
The S7K standing putter design manufactures for both men and women golfers. Its modern features help golfers struggle to make an easy stroke on hole pressure putts. Any golfer can use it effortlessly from the first swing, drag it close from 10 feet, and get long-distance control. It helps minimize at least five strokes even from the first practice session. Besides, it stops missing putt shots that help to improve birdie and par results.
- The ultra-lightweight grip and shaft help shift enormous energy of feedback on the dominant hand of the golfers and increase swings’ speed and control over swing distance.
- It aids in reducing 3-putts and lowers the handicap score by increasing easy putts inside 10” of the golf green.
- The innovative design assists keep a straight line up, stepping back, and fixing the aim of putting a shot.
- It allows clear eyesight for the entire green to create an alignment behind the line, even from down the line getting enhanced control over putting speed.
- The low CG point offers a promoted acceleration at impact.
- The unique feature of the S7K putter club allows to swing naturally and easy and straightforward rolling of the striking balls.
- It provides a comfortable feel and sweet sound at impact with the sound of the dropping ball into the holes’ cup.
- It is available in both blade and mallet designs that are an excellent choice for golfers.
- The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty for any defects on it.
- Balanced weight.
- Easy alignment.
- Advance pattern.
- Easy to use.
- Improved balance.
- Reduce yips.
- Lower miss stroke.
- Consistent putts.
- High-quality construction.
- Legal for the tournament.
- It gets rusted very quickly.
- A few users complained about its cheap and weak construction materials.
10. Yamato Two-Way Golf Putter
The two-way golf putter design of the Yamato golf brand is suitable for all-aged golfers from kids to adults. Not only that, but it also suits both right and left-handed golf players because it has a two-way clubface and adjustable shaft. Its durable construction allows this putter club for more than one golf players’ generation.
- The Yamato cast iron putter has a classic two-way design that suits all sorts of golfers.
- The adjustable shafts’ length helps alter the size at the swinging period and makes it effortless to store while not in use.
- The stainless steel materials give a sturdy structure to this two-way golf putter.
- The anti-slip grip feature and rubber coating on the putter head make it perfect for accuracy on swinging practice sessions or physical training classes.
- The elegant blue and red color with a unique pattern makes it suitable as a perfect gift for Christmas, new year, birthday, or any occasion.
- The bright color choice encourages toddlers to continue the swing practice with golf parents.
- The retractable pattern allows golfers to use it in the golf course, home playground, mini-golf course, even in the office playing zone.
- Worth the price.
- Standard pattern.
- Graceful color option.
- Adjustable shaft.
- Great fun gift.
- It suits kids to adults.
- Excellent starting club for kids.
- It suits both indoors and outdoor.
- It tends to break at long-times swinging practice.
As a beginner golfer, everyone should choose their putter club more carefully because they require concentration on the club swing tactics. Concentrating on this tricky golf game will be challenging if the first few attempts give miss-hit for putts. So we prepare an inclusive buying guidance for the newbies that they need to consider while paying for their putter club for the subsequent golf sessions, maybe in the indoor golf ground or directly in the golf green. Everybody has a different level of swing capability, so it will be worth picking the most-suited one to improve the score, which is more vital for a beginner golfer.
Generally, two styles are used to construct a putter design: blade and mallet. So at first, golfers have to decide which format they will feel comfortable with at the swinging time. Before that, as a new in golf, they should have to gather knowledge about these two patterns of putter clubs. We have another article on the difference between these two putter styles. Anyone can visit that article. However, there is only a difference in size and shape between them. But these two styles of this golf club have a significant effect in creating putting stroke on the golf green. Still, we give a short description of who is in a hurry to buy their expected putter.
- Blade style
The blade putters are horizontal in shape and comparatively slender. It is traditional and started to produce more than 50 years ago. This design provides a significant feel but is not consistent in getting putts’ accuracy.
- Mallet style
The mallet putters are round or square and comparatively weighty than other types. It has introduced after blade-style. However, it doesn’t provide a great feel but offers more consistency.
- Belly style
This kind of putter club is a comparatively long shaft and is suitable for golfers who have difficulties with the standard putter or have some physical limitations.
- Two-way style
These putters have a two-faced clubhead that helps strike from the right and left sides. However, this style is not legal for a golf tournament, but golfers can use it during their training period or play golf as a fun game. It is also perfect for kids who have just started hitting the golf balls.
The mallet design is perfect for beginners among these putters types because it has a wide sweet spot more forgiving than others. Besides, mallets are more lenient, which is essential for beginners to get more consistent putts. Moreover, a relatively more-weighted mallet putter offers a high Moment of Inertia (MOI) that allows beginners to hit the off-center stroke, which is common among them. However, both putter styles have a face insert at the middle or end of the clubhead.
After choosing the style, the following issue is the shaft length of the putter. It helps determine the correct golf posture and see the entire green at aim. However, the length range varies from 33 to 40 inches, but the perfect size is vital for accuracy and consistency in putting strokes.
Golfers have to select the shaft length according to their height. The too-long or short shaft obstructs the perfect stance that is mandatory in getting accurate putts.
So getting the correct-sized putter, you can read another article on our website where we describe how to measure the perfect length of the putter club.
Grip size has a significant effect on putts because it is the area that directly contacts the golfers’ palms at swinging. So comfort feeling is essential to make a correct stroke. However, nowadays, golfers tend to use comparatively longer grip increases. Still, as a beginner, you should select the grip size you feel better to hold your club.
You get a face insert on the clubhead in the advanced putter designs. It offers a soft feeling while striking the balls. However, this kind of pattern is more vulnerable than the steel-milled putter, which feels a little bit harder for beginner golfers. As a newbie, you should consider this fact; still, it is not so crucial for a consistent result. But as a learner golfer, confidence is vital for creating a perfect putt where a professional golfer likes to get the clubhead’s clear sound when making a putt. So you can go with a solid putter head or a putter with having a smooth face insert; it’s entirely your choice.
However, the balance at the swinging period entirely stays on the golfers’ hands. Still, you get two kinds of putter face patterns, toe-balanced and face-balanced. The toe-balanced putter helps aim towards the ground; conversely, the face-balanced has an upward pointing while the shaft stays at a balanced position. Between these two designs feature, face-balanced is more effective for beginners because it assists in creating straight-back and straight-through putting strokes.
The loft angle is not crucial because most putters are flat-shaped. Still, you get a little bit of curve in the putter face. As a beginner, you should choose a putter club with having a loft angle within 3 to 4 degrees. Because too more loft gives a high airborne that results in less rolling after impact. It tends to lose control over putting strokes. Similarly, too less loft offers the same problem by creating dig the striking balls into the ground at impact. However, most professionals pick a comparatively more-angled putter.
Everybody knows that golf is a little more expensive game comparing other athletic competitions in the world. So as a beginner, you don’t need to expense more dollars for your putter club. You will get many reputed brands’ putter models at an affordable price. Besides, in our top ten lists, we choose the most effective models with a reasonable price tag. You can also select one of them for your new golf bag. Because it is your learning period of tricky golf techniques, and the affordable putter is enough for you to grasp all fundamentals for making a correct putt.
What kind of golf putter should a beginner use?
As a beginner, forgiveness is the crucial factor required to get accurate putts with a consistent score. And the putter club has a high Moment of Inertia (MOI) is the most forgiving club. So beginner golfers should take their putter having a design that offers a high MOI because of having a large sweet spot. In this case, the mallet design is the most effective because this putter club has all the features that a novice golfer requires for consistency in putts.
What is the easiest putter to hit?
The mallet putter is the easiest to create a putting stroke among putter styles. Moreover, the extra weight of the putter head aids to get an excellent rolling of the striking ball that is mandatory for a successful putt. The more extended back of this putter helps to get clear eyesight while aiming because manufacturers input the most advanced technology for making it. Besides, they use an elegant and bright color combination while producing the new models of mallet-style putters.
What putter size do I need?
Golfers need to keep their hands below the shoulder and the elbow at the ribs to make a perfect putting shot. They should keep their eyes straight towards the targeted hole over the ball with this stance. To get this condition at the swinging time, they must choose the size best because the too short or too long putter can’t get the perfect golf posture. It is easy to measure the ideal putter size. Any golf coach or professional can help the beginner get the correct putter length. As a beginner, you can also visit our website to get an article on putter size measurement.
Do expensive putters make a difference?
Everyone knows that expensive products have some unique features that make a difference from other affordable products. Putters are not out of it. Usually, the putter club uses consistency in creating the putting strokes. So to make progress, golfers, especially beginners, require putters to have adjustable hosel with a lower back weight and deep CG point with extra forgiveness. To get these features in a club, you may have to pay a little bit more dollars. Therefore, it is pretty simple that an exclusive putter will provide better results than a cheap one. If you get improvement, you can pay more than the expensive putter’s worth of it. However, as a beginner golfer, you don’t need to pay more where you swing your putter for the first time. Many affordable putters can perform better. You have to find them out.
Should you get fit for a putter?
Yes, it would help fit the putter you pick for making putts in the course. And it will make it possible only when your putter fits you perfectly with your height in getting a perfect golf stance. To get consistency, you require confidence while making putts, and it will make it possible when your putter fits you perfectly. Because for getting a better feeling in putting strokes, you must have to clean and clear eyesight while making putts. It can destroy your short game if it is a little bit petite or long for your perfect posture. According to the research result of The Golf Digest, most golfers use putters around 40% of the time they spend in the course. So if you are struggling to lower your score with consistent putts, you must select a perfect fitting putter club.
Why do pros use blade putters?
Generally, blade putters concentrate on the toe to get more sweet spots closer to its heel. This weight distribution feature offers an arch stroke with a better feel and precision. Usually, professional golfers tend to twist their clubface while making putting strokes. That’s why they get more accuracy in controlling distance for a long putt with a blade putter than a mallet-type. Besides, pros like to feel the sound of the putt strokes than feel clear eyesight, so most pro golfers carry blade putters in their professional golf bags.
Who should use a 35” putter?
Generally, the 35” length is quite long for most golfers because this size is suitable for the golfer having a height above 6’. Mostly the 35 inches putter is perfect for golfers who play golf with an upright posture and are also tall, at least 6-feet in height.
Are short putters better?
The short putters are better or not is ultimately dependent on golfers’ measurement and the posture they feel comfortable playing a putting stroke. Generally, if the putter is shorter than the players’ height, they must stand close to the ball, hampering their clear eyesight and the targeted golf hole. Consequently, the shaft and putter path will be at an upright position. Besides, golfers need to bend their club more, which will give unnecessary extra pressure in the back. So if anyone feels comfortable in this situation and can make a successful putt, then the short putter doesn’t make any trouble in their playing.
Are heavy putters legal?
However, The USGA declared definite and clear-cut rules for golf gear features, but there is no restriction for their weight. So golfers can easily use a heavy putter, legal for the tournament. But nowadays, many putters have a feature of adjustable weight. In this case, if any golfer selects a putter with adjustable weight, they can’t change the putter weight during a golf round.
How often should you replace your putter club?
Generally, a single putter can perform better for a specific period. After that, it can hamper the consistency of the score. That’s why every golfer should carry more than one putter in their golf bag. The experienced professional and retired golfers suggested using a specific putter for making three-putts more than six times during two successive golf rounds. Subsequently, it will help take a new putter to continue the putting strokes for the next golf round.
Does putter brand matter?
Many world-famous golf brands, like Titleist, Odyssey, TaylorMade, Ping, produce both blade and mallet-style putters with different golf technologies. Some of them also manufacture specific models for professional golfers. But in getting consistent scores for putts, brands don’t matter; the fact that matter is the golfers’ comfortable feel while creating a putting stroke.
Which Putter Will Work For You?
Beginner golfers are required to pick the putter club to improve their short game, enhancing their confidence, which is mandatory to move towards being a professional golfer. So they need to choose the perfect-suited model of it. We hope our top ten list of best putters for beginners will quickly help them get the most-suited putter model.
Besides, the buying guidelines will assist them in determining which one will be perfect for them and how much they have to pay for a putter club as a learner golfer. Since you are a newbie in golf, you can visit our Golfer Cloud, a website based on golf, where thousands of information are waiting for a golfer like you.