Golf is a game where every golfer wants to make skilled in swinging and driving their golf clubs. That’s why most golf players are continuing their club swinging practice regularly. Due to daily engagement and adverse environmental situations, most golfers can’t go to the golf course for practice. The best golf mat is perfect training equipment for swinging their golf clubs at home in this unwanted situation. Because of the availability of many sizes and designs, it becomes too difficult for beginners or amateurs to find the best-suited mats. We make this review guide with the top ten golf mats available in the golf market for making your task easy. Here, you will also get precise instructions on picking the ideal mats for your golf training session in your backyard, office, or home playground.
Generally, there are different types of golf mats available. Among them, hitting and putting mats are preferable to golfers. That’s why we pick five putting mats and five hitting mats from the top-rated pattern available in the golf market for review. It will help you to choose your best one within a few seconds.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Golf Mat Reviews
- 1.1 1. Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green
- 1.2 2. SKLZ Accelerator Pro Putting Green
- 1.3 3. PERFECT PRACTICE Putting Mat Review
- 1.4 4. NOXOBOBO Sports Golf Putting Green Mat
- 1.5 5. Dura-Pro Perfect Reaction Golf Mat
- 1.6 6. Champkey Premium synthetic Golf Mats
- 1.7 7. Golf Practice Hitting Mat of the Go Sports
- 1.8 8. Callaway FT Launch Zone Golf Hitting Mat
- 1.9 9. Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Mat
- 1.10 10. DURARANGE Golf Hitting Mat
- 1.11 Buying Guide Of The Best Golf Mat For Indoor Golfing
- 1.12 FAQs
- 1.13 Understanding Golf Practice Range Mats
10 Best Golf Mat Reviews
Generally, different types of mats are manufactured for golfing. Among them, hitting and putting mats are preferable to golfers. That’s why we pick five putting mats and five hitting mats from the top-rated pattern available in the golf market for review. It will help you to choose your best one within a few seconds.
1. Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green
The kidney-shaped putting mats of the Putt-A-Bout brand are designed so sophisticatedly that every golfer feels comfortable while swinging their clubs on them. The size and shape of this par three green allow it to fit in any crowded space of the home ground.
- The dimension of the putting mat is 9-feet × 3-feet.
- The kidney shape of the mat gives an elegant look to it.
- It makes with PET resin materials and is also manufactured in the USA.
- It has three cup-shaped cutouts to put the ball on while swinging the clubs.
- The super-quality surface makes it so smooth that the players feel that they create the putting shot in the golf green, not in the indoor.
- The non-slip bottom grip allows it to stay firmly stuck on the floor.
- The built-in sand trap cutouts allow golfers to keep the green area’s balls that make a missed shot.
- The structure of it also makes the kid golfers confident to start golfing.
What we like
- Smart design.
- Perfect golf practice aid.
- High-quality cutouts.
- Smooth green surface.
- Easy to roll up and unroll.
- Ideal for indoor, even on a stone floor.
What we don’t like
- Get damaged and dirty quickly in damp conditions.
- Some users complain that it is a little bit smaller than others.
2. SKLZ Accelerator Pro Putting Green
The accelerator pro indoor putting green of SKLZ is one of the ideal golf training aids that helps you improve your club swing ability. Almost all advanced technologies allow you to practice in any covered yard or veranda efficiently and comfortably.
- This pro mat’s 9′ × 16.25′ dimension fits in any room or covers patios.
- The smooth upslope turf towards the cup cutout speeds up the striking ball.
- The premium turf, through the length of it, gives a true roll surface feature.
- It also provides playing on a natural golf green with an impressive swing inspection.
- The precise three alignments on 3, 5, and 7 feet allow the player to practice swing motions by squaring the face, backswing and following them continuously.
- The design of the pro turf helps to control the distance of every putt and maintain great accuracy.
- Maintaining the swing rhythm and tempo is easier with the continuous and automatic ball return feature.
- The SKLZ gives a one-year warranty for this putting green.
What we like
- Upslope trail.
- Quick and easy setup.
- Ball return system.
- Low the putting time.
- Simple roll-up feature.
- A simple reading technology.
- Simple storage system.
What we don’t like
- The hole is comparatively big than the others.
- Possibility to go outside after hitting the ball.
3. PERFECT PRACTICE Putting Mat Review
The compact putting mats designs of The Perfect Practice makes it the precise training aid at home, on the go, travel time, office premises for improving golf skill. Besides, a putting mat is an essential training kit for beginners and professional golfers. The incredible thing is that these mats were the official putting aids for the most successful PGA Tour former top Professional, Dustin Johnson.
- A unique crystal velvet material uses to produce this practice putting mats.
- The perfect putting mat is eight feet long, with three printed marks at the 2, 4, and 6 feet range.
- Its weight is only 6 Ibs and the only one reduced-sized training hole.
- The aligned “train-track” pattern allows the players to create a straight-back and straight-through putting stroke.
- No gimmicks, simple technology, and easy-to-use features of this mat give a standard structure for the golfers from casual to professional.
- The automatic ball return technology allows the golfer to stand freely while practicing.
- The design is suitable for both left and right-handed golf players.
- Thanks to its high-quality construction materials, effortlessly roll and store this high-quality practice putting green.
- The dusty mat can cleanse with a vacuum cleaner.
What we like
- Sturdy construction.
- Easy to use.
- Auto ball return.
- Elegant velvet surface.
- Suitable for both left- and right-handed players.
- True-roll technology.
- Easy to transfer.
What we don’t like
- The hole is relatively tiny for practicing smoothly.
- Sometimes balls don’t return automatically.
4. NOXOBOBO Sports Golf Putting Green Mat
The manufacturer NOXOBOBO Sports produces its golf products based on users’ needs and expectations. This company introduces new models with innovative technologies every year, but it never thinks about its market interest or fancy analytics. This putting mat of NOXOBOBO is ideal because it perfectly suits home, office, lawn, park, or anywhere the users want to set it for swing practice. It is also a good gift for golf lovers or beginners.
- The crystal velvet crafting materials provide a unique design for putting strokes.
- This putting mat makes a straightway and narrow hallway with two different-sized hole cuttings.
- The soft and smooth surface of the green allows the ball to roll perfectly.
- The strong solid base of the training tool enhances its durability.
- The automatic ball return technology having a baffle plate is used to craft the mat.
- The squaring and alignment guides at 2, 4, and 6 feet distance assist the player in continuing the tempo of the swing practice.
- The foam padding uses around the hole, making it comfy for the rolling ball.
- It also helps to keep the consistency of every putting gesture.
- This putting green’s size and surface feature make it perfect for men, women, and kid golfers.
- It comes with a 24-months warranty and a user manual.
What we like
- Beautiful look.
- Solid wood.
- Baffle plate.
- Perfect family gift.
- Easy to use.
- Highly portable.
- Quick setup.
- Auto ball return technology.
- Suit both indoor and outdoor.
What we don’t like
- It needs to roll so closely before storing. Otherwise, it may wrinkle and lose its durability.
5. Dura-Pro Perfect Reaction Golf Mat
Dura PRO is another trusted golf brand that produces high-quality hitting or chopping mats not only for at-home. You can easily use these mats as residential turf mats for recreational competition among family members. Besides, it has solid and resistant power to temperature, UV rays, fading, curling, tears, and separation, and it is one of the most delicate and most effective indoor golf greens.
- This premium residential golf mat design with three advanced layers provides realistic turf interaction and is affordable.
- The top 3D turf base layer consists of nylon to protect it from UV rays.
- The second stabilizer layer is made with high-quality urethane materials that build a thermal protection coating to prevent delamination.
- The mat’s 5 mm thick base pad allows it to tolerate any level of practice loading.
- This premium mat’s 100% 3d nylon fabric makes it 30% denser than other traditional turf mats used as golf training accessories.
- The non-slip, non-staining, and thermally bonded layers increase the longevity of this Dura-Pro golf mat.
- Three rubber tees and a golf tray includes with the mat pack.
- The 3D fiber system provides a genuine feeling to practice in the natural grass green and fairway.
- The producer claims an 8-yrs sun UV protection for this premium residential natural turf.
What we like
- High resistant power.
- Fit both indoor and outdoor.
- Perfect for both pros and enthusiasts.
- Feel relaxed for elbow and wrists.
What we don’t like
- Not suitable for wedges, iron clubs.
- Some users make a complaint about its shock-resistant capacity.
6. Champkey Premium synthetic Golf Mats
Champkey is one of the most reputed golf brands committed to the finest quality for every golf product to the customers. And for this, it always uses high-quality construction materials and technologies, getting 100% user satisfaction. The premium synthetic golf mats are one of their favorite accessories among golfers. Besides, all golfers realize the necessity and importance of the golf simulator hitting mats because nothing can make an athlete successful on their playing field without an effective and promised practice.
- The dimension of this synthetic mat is 8.5″ × 17.” However, another size, 13″ × 17″, is also available. So you can pick one of them depending on the area where you want to set it.
- The true-turf 16 mm synthetic surface allows golfers to simulate the club hitting training with a realistic fairway-like feel.
- The rubber materials of the bottom provide an extraordinary shock-absorbing capacity it.
- It also has a non-slip, non-smell, and resist wear and tear feature that gives a unique value to this golf training mat.
- One rubber tee, nine SDP plastic tees with 3 in 38mm, 3 in 70mm, and the last 3 in 83mm in length include this Champkey golf mat package.
- The producer offers a 30 days 100% satisfaction guarantee for every Champkey customer for this mat model.
What we like
- Highly resistant.
- Sliding system.
- Satisfaction assurance.
- Excellent fairway lie.
- Suitable for wedges and iron shots.
What we don’t like
- A little bit short for beginner golfers.
7. Golf Practice Hitting Mat of the Go Sports
Our next reviewed hitting simulation mat is the synthetic green turf of the renowned golf brand, Go Sports. You can easily place it in your backyard and any outdoor visiting place where you go for a weekend vacation. This artificial turf is also available in three comfortable sizes, 5′ × 3′ standard, 5′ × 4′ Pro, and 5′ × 4’Standard model. So you have an option to choose any one of these mat sizes for your golf training space.
- The industrial-grade synthetic turf of this standard mat design increases its longevity.
- It also gives a feel of genuine grass or turf like an actual fairway of the golf course.
- The 5 mm thick non-slip foam padding keeps it stable on any indoor or outdoor hard surfaces where it places for swing practice.
- It designs with six different teeing positions that make it perfect for both lefty and righty golfers.
- The three rubber tees like 1.5″, 2.25″, and 3.5″ in length offer a standard height for placing the golf balls.
What we like
- Fair price tag.
- Firm foam padding.
- Quick and easy to fold.
- Comfortable space for hitting practice.
- No annoying sound of hitting.
- Suitable for practice with all clubs.
What we don’t like
- Some customers claim for its quality.
- Water susceptible.
8. Callaway FT Launch Zone Golf Hitting Mat
Besides, there is no doubt about the quality of Callaway golf products. The Callaway golf FT launch zone hitting mats gives an actual turf authentic feeling of a golf course while swinging the clubs. This golf training aid ideally suits home, office, and backyard. Its advanced construction technology makes this artificial turf one of the most standard training equipment for all golfers, maybe beginners, amateurs, or a pro.
- This FT launch mat is available in two sizes; one is 8″ × 16″, and another is 1′ × 2′.
- Ultra-durable construction materials guarantee long-term durability.
- The bottom layer of this training mat builds with a sturdy rubber element that lowers the sliding possibilities at impact.
- The hitting mat’s soft surface also helps golfers swing their clubs gently.
- It also lessens the chance of getting hands and wrists injuries for long-time swing practice.
- The ultra-durable elements protect the mats from getting any damage or scratch for an extended hitting with wedges, irons, or other regular clubs.
- A patented universal tee holder comes with a mat design that suits the golf tees.
What we like
- More durable.
- Highly resistant.
- Soft and comfy turf surface.
- No sliding chance.
- Superior club protection.
- Heavy rubber base.
- Universal tee holder.
- Better shock tolerance.
What we don’t like
- The tee holder is not so durable as the producer claimed.
- Some users have a complaint about its durability.
9. Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Mat
Rukket Sports is the company that intensely supervises each step of producing any new sports goods. Besides, they hire highly experienced engineers and designers and use top-quality construction materials to get 100% user satisfaction. Not only this, but they also use advanced technology for manufacturing and sending their products to the customer’s doorstep. So you can choose the tri-turf hitting mat of Rukket without any hesitation for your indoor golf practice.
- Two different dimensions, 25″ × 16″ (Standard) and 36″ × 23.5″ (XL) of the Rukket Tri-Turf mat, are available in the market.
- Nine Rukket practice golf balls and twelve plastic tees make it an attractive package for a golfer.
- The pattern of the hitting mat allows golfers to create training or fat shots from every lie like fairway, rough, and tight lie of the golf course.
- The extra swollen rubber base can tolerate up to 100 shots and keep the smoothness of the top turf.
- The thick base of this training aid also helps to keep it stable on any type of floor where it will place for practice.
- The lightweight of this mat makes it highly portable for indoor or outdoor uses.
- This golf mat manufacturer offers a 100% lifetime warranty with a lifetime parts replacement facility for this hitting mat.
What we like
- Perfect size.
- Great shock absorption.
- Thick bottom.
- Easy setup.
- Highly portable.
- There were practice balls and plastic tees included as well.
What we don’t like
- Customers have a complaint about service warranty and durability.
10. DURARANGE Golf Hitting Mat
Another hitting mat on our top list is 3-in-1 turf grass that gives you the natural feeling of chipping in a golf course. It fits comfortably in both indoor and outdoor playgrounds. The most advanced technologies are input for crafting this artificial hitting green. We know only practice can improve the golf skill of any golfer. So, this practice of pitching green can be one of the proper training aids for your golf. Moreover, the artificial tri-turf keeps the lawn grass safe while you swing your clubs to get consistency for every shot you play.
- The smooth turf surface of this simulated hitting mat allows you to feel swinging the clubs on the actual fairway at home or office premises.
- The advanced design helps you create a putt, chip, or drive from various lie angles as the rough, fairway, and short manicured grass in a course.
- The ultra-durable rubber base of the mat can absorption a high level of hitting shock.
- The soft turf keeps the club safe from damage while practicing on an artificial putting green.
- The weight rubber bottom provides enough stability to minimize sliding at impact.
- The lightweight of this turf allows you to move it at ease and set it within a few seconds at the training zone.
- It is available in two dimensions format, 12″ × 25″ and 16″ × 25″ that perfectly fit any space at home or backyard.
- Six plastic tees and one removable rubber tee include with the mat design.
- A patented tee holder also includes the mat pack, which can hold most of all sizes of golf tees.
- The manufacturer offers a three-month warranty for returning the total price against any user complaint.
What we like
- Sturdy construction.
- Strong rubber bottom.
- Innovative turf pattern.
- Safe for the lawn.
- Resistant to wear and tear.
- Money-back guarantee.
What we don’t like
- The surface is too flat, creating a rolling issue of the striking balls.
- Some customers have a complaint about its stability on impact.
Buying Guide Of The Best Golf Mat For Indoor Golfing
In most cases, golfers don’t concentrate while they pick any training aids for their golf practice, which they may use at their home, office, backyard, park, or any other open place where they feel comfortable. But it would be best if you kept in mind that the training tools must be sturdy enough for grabbing the stress of putting, chipping, teeing shots we create while swinging your golf clubs. As the golf mats are used out of the course to improve the golf swing skill, they must prepare high-quality materials and other facilities to prevent any damage.
While picking your golf training mats, you must check the following criteria for them. If you take it without checking its quality and want to save your money, it will worsen. Because you may find some mats with good-looking features at a low price, but you can’t use them for a long. You have to change it early than your expectation. So before spending your hard-earning money, you should think about the following facts, which have a significant influence on the quality and durability of this essential golf training kit. These factors also help you make your budget for training mats and build your mini-golf course in your backyard.
We all know quality varies with the price tag. That’s why the factor we want to describe first is the cost of purchasing the golf mats. When you go to the market or visit any e-commerce site for your desired design for training turf, you will see a wide price range with many affordable options. It generally happens due to the quality of construction materials and the innovative designs used to craft this helping object for swing practice. Another thing you should keep in mind is that if you are a newcomer or beginner, or teenager to the golf game, you don’t require to buy the highly-priced mats. You should choose your mat-purchasing budget option based on the intensity of your practice sessions as well as your level of skill.
Like the price level, the size or dimension of the golf mats varies because every golfer does not have the same space for taking their club swing training. Generally, most producers make three different artificial mats look like real turf. These sizes are 1′ × 1′, 3′ × 5′, and 5′ × 5′. You can take anyone from them as the available space on your home playground or recreation room of your office. Besides, the size is considerable because you require various open areas to create the tee, chip, and putt shots while practicing. Moreover, this additional space also assists you in swinging comfortably. However, you require a large-sized mat for divot simulating golf practice.
The weight of the mats depends on the construction materials. So you may have to carry it to any beautiful resort where you want to play golf, as a recreational activity with your family, while on vacation, so you should consider that a buying factor. Besides, if it is light in weight, you can move it comfortably. However, the lightweight mats reposition by striking the ball with heavy golf clubs like a wedge hybrid. And, rolling the mat can hamper your concentration on creating the right shot. So you have to choose the carpet having too heavy or not too light in weight for your enjoyable practice session.
The element with which the mats produce significantly impacts the players’ feel and comfortability when practicing golf club swing. The rug is also a substitute for fairway grasses where golfers naturally play. Therefore, the anti-slide materials are necessary for proving a forgiving surface of this golf training equipment. Generally, every artificial putting or hitting green turf has two layers. The top layer gives the feeling of manicured natural grass of the course, and the base or bottom layer makes it stable while the users are striking the ball towards the hole at one side of the mat design. Astroturf and rubber are used together to make the surface of the putting green and golf mats. However, these materials give more tautness and friction than natural grass.
On the other hand, the bottom layer prepares with rubber or silicon element. The rubber base offers a dense and secure profile, whereas silicon material provides more bounce and a realistic course experience. But silicon-based mats are a little more expensive than rubber mats.
The surface quality of the mat has a significant effect on the performance of the golfers. Usually, three types of elements, polyethylene, polypropylene, and nylon, are used for making the durable hitting surface of the golf training mats. And, every piece has a different but unique effect on the quality of this practice kit. The heavy denier nylon fibers make the surface smoother, more durable, and provide more striking balls rolling than the polypropylene or polyethylene mats. It also has higher elasticity and offers the true feeling of the authentic golf course grasses. The more important thing about this nylon material is that it is more resistant to adverse environmental conditions. The other two types are also sturdy, light in weight, and can tolerate water but not as comfortable as the nylon surface. However, the nylon-based mats are more expensive than the other two types.
When you buy your golf mat, you should check its thickness because this feature affects its stability where you place your mat for training. If the mat’s bottom is thin and smooth, you can’t swing your clubs securely because a slim and smooth base tends to slip while getting any shock. So it would be best if you had to find out the rough-based mats for your golf training. Generally, most carpets have a rubber base having a thickness of around a ½”. But if it will be comparatively thinner than a standard one, it may reposition while getting a shock of the clubhead. Besides, if the mat will move while you swing your clubs, it won’t be enjoyable for your concentration. So, you should check the thickness of your desired mat design and pick a mat having non-slip and non-skid features.
Many mat designs have two or three aligned lines toward the cutouts of the holes on the opposite end of the mat. It is not an essential factor for an effective and suitable artificial green turf, but if any carpet has these guidelines, they help the player maintain the same path for the rolling balls. It will be an excellent facility for trainee golfers. These guidelines help them to keep the comparatively same lines of striking balls. If trainee golfers or beginners practice through the aligned sequences of the mat, it will help them on the natural golf course to uphold the same angle and line while hitting the balls towards the targeted distance.
The portability of the mat mainly relates to its weight and surface criteria. Commonly, lightweight mats can carry more quickly than heavy ones. On the other hand, if the carpets can’t roll on so tightly, it will create difficulty while transferring it to any outdoor training place.
However, the life of the training mats depends on their construction materials and the technology used for crafting them. But you should check the user manual or the information provided by the manufacturers. As you will use your mat frequently for improving your golf skill, it must have the ability to absorb a high level of stress and shock created by the clubheads. Otherwise, you have to change it before the expected time of replacement. It will also be a wastage of your money. So, you have to choose a durable base quality mat for your indoor golf.
If it has the setting for the golf tees or a tee holder, the golf practice mat you choose for your golf training will be perfect for you. However, most reputed carpet has the teeing option, so you don’t need to worry about it. Besides, some producers include some extra tees with their mat model. If you pick one of them, it will be the perfect decision for your hard-earning money.
What is the most realistic golf mat?
Ans. We all know that a golf mat is an artificial surface for swing practice indoors and outdoors. However, most golf mat-producing companies try to give a realistic feeling of the golf course while practicing using it. That’s why they are trying to use high-quality construction materials like rubber, nylon, or plastic that can offer the actual feeling of swinging on the natural golf grasses. We found that rubber can provide a better sense of natural grass than others among these three materials.
Another important thing that we see is that the choice of all golfers is not the same. So which one will be the realistic mat mostly depends on the players’ personal preference. Just one thing everybody should keep in mind is that the mat-making elements must be good in quality.
What is a good golf mat?
Ans. You get thousands of mat models crafted with different materials and various sizes and shapes in the golf market. But all of them are not the same quality. You have to check a few criteria of the mat design before paying. Because you should pick the good-quality one that is sturdy enough to use for an extended period, the requirements that make a mat excellent or high in quality are solid and thick sole, enough dimension for swinging, and affordable. In the case of base or sole, the rubber-made sheet will be perfect for a good quality golf mat. If you get some warranty, it will be the best facility for you.
Are golf-hitting mats worth it?
Ans. The primary benefit of the hitting mats is of its consistency. Due to the consistent surface, golfers don’t need to change their location or body stance to get the same lie. They can practice the same swing drills to improve their balance to hit the ball. On the other hand, when they practice on the golf course, they must change the ball positioning for every attempt to create a strike. However, the feeling is not the same as striking the ball on grass or an artificial mat. But mat helps to continue the practice in bad weather, like heavy rain or winter season. Because mats can be placed in the backyard, any indoor game room, or even the office room, considering these issues, we can easily say that hitting mats are worth golf.
Is it wrong to hit golf balls off a mat?
Ans. As a mat is an artificial surface, it can’t give the actual feeling of swinging clubs in the courses’ grass. Besides, the mats’ character is not so soft as the grass. So there has a chance of getting any scratch on the clubface.
In addition, it can mislead the practice of fat or chunked shots. It also offers a lower launched speed with a higher launched angle. And these results create a big problem when they go to the natural golf course to play golf.
Moreover, practicing striking the balls off a mat for a long time increases the possibility of getting shoulder and arm injuries that are common for golfing. However, practicing by using a golf mat helps increase the muscles’ strength for practicing a long time on the natural rough of the course.
What size of a golf mat do I need?
Ans. When you buy a golf mat for your backyard mini-course, indoor sports room, or office room for club swing practice, you will get hundreds of models of different sizes. Among thousands of designs, which one suits you best generally depends on your height, the room size, or the space where you want to place it. Usually, the 5’×5′ mat is ideal for most golf-playing areas. But you can also pick the small size having 3’×5′ or 4’×5′ or more prominent as your wish or budget. Although if you want to choose it for your golf simulation room, the larger one, like 5’×6′ or more significant, will be perfect for you.
What mats do driving ranges use?
Ans. Generally, driving ranges use the Astroturf mat surface for practicing swing drills. However, some professional golfers don’t like to swing on artificial mats because they complain that their clubs, especially iron clubs, get damaged while they practice on the mats. Because it is easy to maintain this kind of artificial mats and provide more or less the same feeling of natural grass on the golf course, another reason for using astroturf is because most of them have the design to set up rubber tees and pre-fabricated holes for putting the golf balls at creating different types of golf shots. The most important thing is that the artificial golf surface can provide enormous opportunities for amateur golfers to practice golf swing techniques in a reputed and crowded golf course.
How do you store a golf mat?
Ans. When you don’t require your mats, you can easily store them in your garage or any dry and clean storeroom against the wall. One thing to keep in mind is that you never store them in rolling condition. If you keep them rolled, the surface texture will deteriorate. It would help if you had to hang them on any flat wall. Before storing, you will also clean them properly because when you use your mats for practicing golf specks of dirt, dust is stuck on its smooth surface. So you have to remove all dirty things by washing with clean water. You have to keep in mind the crucial thing is never using any shining or cleaning agent like mild detergent while washing it. With the mat’s surface, you also clean the drainage holes and ball trays before storing. And always store your mat vertically, not horizontally, while storing for a long time.
How thick is a driving range mat?
Ans. Generally, nylon, polypropylene, and polyethylene elements are the primary materials for crating the driving range mat. So the thickness of them depends on the construction materials used for crating. There are no specific rules for the thickness of the artificial turf. That’s why most manufacturers produce their mats’ designs having different lengths and breadth. Among them, 1″ or1-1/4″ thick mats perform better. This breadth of the mats lowers the chance of getting damaged on the clubs while swinging and provides a realistic feeling of the golf grass.
Do golf mats cause injury?
Ans. As the mats are made with artificial elements, their surface is different from the natural golf grass and comparatively rough and rugged. Besides, every carpet has a specific dimension that lessens the swing space. So golfers have to maintain the same stance. So if golfers continue their practice sessions for a long time, there has a chance of getting an injury. In contrast, continuing practice sessions for keeping the same body stance for swinging the clubs, the shoulder and arm muscles get more pressure, resulting in a general golf injury.
How do you make a base for a golf mat?
Ans. Usually, a rubber fatigue mat is used as the base of the golf mat. You can quickly get it from the home improvement store near you. At first, have to cut it with scissors as your expected size. Then cut your artificial grass and set it on the rubber base using the adhesive spray. You have to keep in mind that you don’t need to cut the grass as the exact size of the rubber sole. You can keep one or two inches more on all sides of the artificial grass piece. While placing the grass piece, gently press it throughout the rubber base to ensure the complete setup, especially at the edges. If you want to give an extensive structure of the rubber base into a mat for your golf practice, you can create holes and build a tee cup on it. For this, you need a sharp knife, any small container as the tee holder. The process is too much easy. You don’ need any professionals to help build your homemade golf mat.
How do you hit off a golf mat?
Ans. The most crucial mistake that golfers usually make while hitting off a golf mat is to first strike their clubhead on the ground before touching the golf ball. Unfortunately, this drilling process hampers the distance and swinging consistency. That’s why they don’t benefit from mat practices when swinging on the actual golf grass on any golf course.
The correct procedure to hit off a golf mat is to stand confidently and follow the perfect golf stance. Then set the golf ball two inches from your lead foot. After that, hold your club down at the normal position and focus on the ball. Using your golf clubs, hit the ball first and then the green after about 2 to 3 inches of forwarding movement. Repeat this swinging trick several times, maybe 1000s; it will help you cut out your chunked or fat shots and make a perfect swing like a professional golfer.
Understanding Golf Practice Range Mats
This review guide describes the best golf mats available in the market. These artificial green turfs are also favorite to most golfers who have a training space in their home ground because of the effortless golf swing. Besides, we pick the products reasonably priced but are most durable and practical as a golf training aid. We also describe all the crucial factors that significantly affect choosing high-quality golf mats. And this discussion will also help you find out the perfect training kit for your home and the playing zone at your office premises. Moreover, you have more queries about golf mats or any other equipment used for golfing, and you can visit our website, Golfer Cloud, where hundreds of golf information are waiting for your assistance.